If cataracts are impacting your daily quality of life, it’s time to consider surgery. Cataract surgery is life changing, improving your vision so you can get back to doing the things you love. During the procedure, the clouded lens is replaced with a clear synthetic lens. When it comes to lenses, there are options. You and your ophthalmologist in Boynton Beach consider the factors to make the right lens choice for you.
1. Consider The Type of Lens Options
Chrystalens Offered by Our Ophthalmologist in Boynton Beach
This lens is accomodative, which means its position changes with eye muscle movement. Chrystalens allows for distance, reading, and computer vision, making it a convenient, glasses-free option for those that need this type of lens.
Multifocal Lens Options
- The Symphony Multifocal Lens is the newest multifocal option in the Tecnis line. This option provides an excellent range of focus.
- Tecnis Multifocal Lens offers a great range of vision with a low incidence of glare. It is also available in a Toric version for those with astigmatism.
- ReStor Multifocal Lens employs diffraction to split light rays, making it possible to switch between activities using your vision for distance, computers, and reading.
Toric lenses correct astigmatism. It usually provides good distance vision, but you’ll still need glasses for reading.
2. Consider the Cost of The Lens Options from your ophthalmologist in boynton beach
Some options may not be fully covered by your insurance. Ask your ophthalmologist about pricing details. If there is an additional cost, consider that some options reduce the need for glasses which may offer you some savings in the long run or perhaps be a valuable added benefit.
3. Consider Your Lifestyle
When choosing lenses with your eye doctor in Boynton Beach, keep your lifestyle in mind. Perhaps you want to avoid glasses completely and are considering monovision, where one lens is set up for distance vision and the other for near vision. Or maybe you want a lens that is best for all the computer work you do. Talk to your eye surgeon to determine which lens offers you the greatest benefit.
If you’re having cataract surgery, choose South Palm Eye Associates for your ophthalmologist in Boynton Beach. Our doctors perform extensive evaluations and testing to best care for your eyes. We spend a lot of time with our patients to determine the best lens solution for their active lifestyle. Call us at 561-737-4040 to schedule your appointment today.